Friday 29 July 2011

Techno Challenged.

Ever since I was small I knew that I was destined for great things. I knew this because my mom used to say “You are destined for great things” I remember she would play me the song “We are Growing” by Margaret Singana, make me sit down and tell me that the song was about Shaka Zulu. He was a great leader for his people and my mom made no secret of the fact that she admired him. Then she would tell me that I must listen to the words of the song because they are singing about me. I hated that ritual of hers, but now it is one of the things that I miss the most. So I knew that I was going to be great. I can however say with a clear heart that my greatness will have nothing to do with technology. It is not that I do not like or do not appreciate technology. I work on the latest Apple Mac and I love it. However after working on it for a few months I only discover the i-tunes buttons on the keyboard. I think it is a combination of not being the brightest crayon on the box when it comes to technology and the fact that even though I love technology, it fucking hates me. But with all of this said and done, I am very impressed by the fact that I am able to operate this blog. I didn’t know if I would be able to do and now I have. So then a friend of mine told me about freewebs.  This is a thing on the internet that allows you to make free websites. Cha-Ching!!! Me and technology goes about so well together as me and giving directions. Don't ever in your life ask me for direction. I will tell you turn left while pointing right. Although this a problem that Paul is busy helping me with. Place you hands flat in front of you thumbs outstreched as if you were wearing mittens. The side that makes a Capital L, using your thumb and Index figer to make it, is left. Yes people do look at me very funny when I suddenly drop everything and stretch my hands out to find the L, but at least I am getting there.
So here is the first website that I have ever created. It is a work in progress and I don’t know if it will ever be done. It may not be the best site you have ever seen but you know what, techno challenged me made it. So I don’t really give a fuck who thinks what about it. I managed to do it, all by my lonesome.

Mwah!!

http://notrenlimphoenixtradition.webs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment