Monday 25 July 2011

R.I.P. fakeness


Just before I start this entry let me state that yes this entry is sparked by the recent, yet unexpected, death of Amy Winehouse. No I was never a fan of hers. Her music, even though different was never exactly to my taste. I always liked her crazy style and look but her music never did it for me. Paul on the other hand has always liked her. It was however inspired by her death, the fact that I do not want to have happen to me, what has happened to her. By that I do not mean the unfortunate thing of her being a struggling or misunderstood musician who at age 27 dies (I am certain suicide to reach the fame of 27's club) to join the likes of Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Kurt Cobain. I am talking about the false attitude that death always brings.
14 September 1983 – 23 July 2011
Now that Amy has shed her mortal body and has moved on to springs of acid, hills of cocaine and fountains of booze in the eternal afterlife of substance abuse, everyone suddenly has only wonderful things to say about her. I don’t fucking get it. A few months ago she was still the crazy crack whore slag who couldn’t handle her liquor. The broad you didn’t invite to your birthday party because she was gonna upstage you by all her fucked up antics and people will call her a boozed up wench the next day.
Some of thise headlines used to be:
Amy Winehouse 'Blacks Out After Drinking Sessions'

Amy Winehouse Booed At Comeback Gig


Amy Winehouse Enters Rehab...Again


Amy Winehouse Stumbles Her Way Through Russian Comeback Concert


And these were the nice things they had to say. Now the cow is six feet under and people cannot stop talking about her 'greatness'. I am sitting back and looking at them thinking you two faced cunt. A few months ago you couldn’t stand the broad, but now that she is dead you telling people how wonderful a person she was and how close you were.
Now the people are saying:
"We are deeply saddened at the sudden loss of such a gifted musician, artist and performer."

My point to all my ranting and raving is that even though she is now dead, and my the ferryman also guide her soul to the underworld, I don’t have to now suddenly like her. And that is my fear. I am a pretty outspoken individual, wonder what gave it away? I tend to stand my ground and say how I feel. I don’t like to beat around the bush and I speak from the perspective of personal experience and understanding. But a lot of people don’t like me for that reason. Ever since I was very little my mom used to say “If you don’t want to hear the truth, don’t ask him” It doesn’t bother me that people don’t like me. I am not on this planet to be liked. I am here to journey on my quest. If I can help people along the way, great. If I piss off people along the way, great. Mostly people only get pissed of with me cuz I had the guts to say what they think, or some such bullshit. So when the day comes that I join Amy in the springs of acid, hills of cocaine and fountains of booze in the eternal afterlife of substance abuse, I don’t want some slag to stand up at my wake and tell everyone how wonderful I was when in fact she hated me. If you didn’t like me, then please still come to my wake and tell everyone what a cunt you thought I was. Just because I am dead doesn’t make it ‘bad’ for you to still not like me. So until the day that I do permanently lay down my head, I will carry on to make your day or piss you off. Just remember this entry when I enter the eternal sleep.

Mwah

2 comments:

  1. fair comment - though I still don't think the 'jokes' already are justified at all.
    Regardless of her history, choices (be they conscious or not), everyone who dies is deserving of an ounce of respect for even having TRIED on this here mortal coil.

    Opinions of her or her actions aside - the joking is in poor taste.

    I don't think death suddenly makes her wonderful but I do hope she has achieved clarity and peace with whatever drove her soul to hunt for an 'out' in booze and drugs. It's not for us to judge the actions of another in this regard - we have our own to judge. I do worry though about the 'reactions' of people to certain things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all. I am not condoning jokes about her or Lady Di or anyones death. My gripe is not with her or the people that died. Those people that died (myself included, when I die) as you say at least tried. Not even the death of MJ is remotely funny. And how she or anyof them chose to live their life is also not m y issue. I still don't suddenly love her. But my issue is as I say with the two faced people that now suddenly love her and will miss her so much.
    Paul wil miss her, that I can respect, he loved her. For me to now suddenly go on about how wonderful she was, would be false and make me a lier.

    ReplyDelete