Monday 25 June 2012

Mango


I am putting up this poem. Yes it is once again in Afrikaans but hey, Google Translate will give you a more or less idea of what I am on about. 
When Paul left to go back to Burgersfort I wrote this poem for him. And even thought he doesn’t say it but I think he is flattered. He said to me a few days ago or rather saked “Are you going to put up the ‘Mango’ poem as part of your story on your blog?” I think he enjoys reading it and in a moment of soppy-ness he said that he is my biggest fan, which is kind scary if you have read the book Misery by Stephan King, but I was like “aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh my lieffie!!!” in a very high pitch tone of course so that just about the only thing that could understand me were dogs. 
But honestly even though he is so quiet and doesn’t comment at all on the blog, I think he enjoys reading it and I think he is just as excited to hear what happens next, even though he was there.
So here is the poem I wrote to him. Love you my love love!

Mango

My hart se are is koud…..
Koud en heeltemal vrot
En ooral om my kyk ek na lewe
Maar ek is emotioneel bankrot.

Die mooste blom wat jy aan kan dink
Deur my oe is
Is oud, swart
En so swaar soos sink.

Eendag, nie te lank terug
Val die reen Soos manna van die hemel ryk
En ek kry hoop van verder as oorkant die brug

Oranja is sy kleur
Met groot swart wiele
En eislike vlerke
Te danke aan Mango
staan jy voor my deur

wat is dit wat ek binne my voel
waar dit koud was is dit nou warm
die ysberge van jare is nou weg
en ek dans in die oorblywende poel

No comments:

Post a Comment