Friday 8 June 2012

How Paul Fits In - Part 1


After my divorce I fooled around with a guy or twenty. For a little while there I became a slut. Then I met a man for whom I fell hook line and sinker. He was little more than a head taller than me and we just got along so well. A film student by the name of Chris Buys. I used to work for the architects back then and my boss got me an exquisite complimentary meal from a restaurant in town and I decided to use it and take Chris out on a date. It was perfect. Imagine the most perfect date that you can and now better it. It was everything a boy could want. We went home at some ungodly hour and snogged our heads off in his car. I invited him in but we both decided that maybe the first date was too soon.
Burgersfort
A week down the line I really liked this guy and then he tells me that the guy he has been after for God knows how long, is now single and interested in him. So he left me. He left me for…….whatever the doos’s name was.
I was devastated. My world was shattered and I cried and cried, so badly that my boss sent me home. I couldn’t tell him exactly what had happened. I could not stop crying. I have never cried so much in my life and I really could not get myself to stop. I look back and I realize now that all the crying was not over him. But it was the first time that I allowed myself to breakdown after my moms passing, the divorce and me just about loosing everything due to an ex wife that could not keep her word, but then I should have expected that, as it was nothing new.
I cried so much that I phoned my sister and somehow managed to tell her what was wrong and she came to pick me up from work. I spent two days at home, just crying. In my rage of tears I vowed never to fall for anyone again. No man or woman. I was going to grow old and alone with my cat. And I would buy a hundred more cats and we would all be together forever. Please understand that I would still have sex, but I refused to fall for anyone. And I was only going to sleep with rich men that knew how to spoil a boy.
Now please understand that I have always been the one to warn all of my friends against meeting anyone on the Internet. Because on the Internet you can be whoever you want to be and you don’t have to be truthful about anything. So I have been advocating against it since I can remember. What do I do? I go onto Facebook. Back then (I don’t know if they still have it) they had an application called ‘Hot or Not’. This application basically works on the method that you rate people, from one to ten, based on their profile pictue. Then you can also say if you would like to meet the person. This you can do in one of two ways, You can say you would like to meet him and he then gets a message saying that so and so wants to meet, or you can say that you would like to meet anonymously. He then gets a message saying one of the following 5 people wants to meet you with a list of 5 people of course. So me, that is only in finding a nice looking guy to spoil me a bit and who can help me to empty my back (this is a Cape Town expression), decides that I am going to use this application to get back at the human race and just use people.
Paul and his Grey Jersey
I see this photo of a blond guy wearing a thick grey jersey (I was put off by the jersey) with a scarf and gloves. Despite the jersey, he is kinda cute, but I ignore. His profile pops up numerous times and after about the millionth time I decide ok I wont ignore him and just give him a 6 (due to the jersey) and say I would like to meet him. I didn’t even check where he was from. I didn’t care. Please note, he is not the one that kept on sending me the profile. On that application Facebook showed you random profiles based on the criteria that you punch in. You as the user have no control over what gets shown to whom. Eventually I got a response from him saying that he would also like to meet me, but I still didn’t think anything of it and that jersey was just too much for me to handle. I then looked where he lived and it said Burgersfort. This is a little one horse toen in the middel of fucking nowhere. I kid you not they don’t even have Telkom coverage there. Tumbleweed. A place I had never even heard of till then and decided that I will probably never in my life see this person. I thought that this, Paul Joubert, guy was cute, but between Burgersfort and that jersey, it just wasn’t going to happen.

Mwah!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read the rest...tsk I like that jersey : ))!

    ReplyDelete