Thursday 14 June 2012

How Paul Fits In - Part 3


The Airport, one of the places in the world that reflects the most emotions all at once. We are happy to see our loved ones and sad to see them go. For me, standing at Cape Town International on 9 July 2008, it was a time of great stress. Whenever new people came out from luggage collection, my sister would say “Oh there he is” Of course then I get all like crazy in the head and she would say “Just kidding.” This she did about three times and three times i nearly strangled her for it. By time number four I didn’t listen to her anymore and when I looked in front of me, there he was. In that moment in time, it was as if everything around us was on pause. I felt like we were the only two living creatures that had the ability to breathe and that our hearts beat in time with each other. I felt that nothing and now one else existed and that there was nothing that could take me away from his gaze. 
I hugged him and then instinct was to slap him. I didn’t but I wanted to. Why? In that moment I realized already that he was the one that I wanted to grow old with. I wanted to slap him and say to him “What took you so long? Why did I have to wait this long for you to find me?”
Pangalactic Gargleblaster
But the most bizarre thing happened. I couldn’t speak to him. Here is this gorgeous man, coming to visit me, and I cannot say a single word to him. It’s not that I didn’t want to. I just didn’t know what to say and somehow everything sounded so stupid in my head. So I didn’t say anything. My sister, Raveen and I, had already decided to go for cocktails after that. So we were on our way to, I think it was Eastwoods, something like that. There I had three cocktails and still I couldn’t speak to him. My sister and Raveen chatted with him like there was no tomorrow. I was doing the Silent Bob act. So he then bought us a cocktail called a Pangalactic Gargleblaster, or something like that.  The most beautiful cocktail you can imagine. So many different colours all layered on top of each other. It was also hellishly sweet. But by the end of that cocktail I was able to have a conversation. He joked about how if this is the only way to get me to talk, it may turn out to be a very expensive few days visit. I laughed, but you know when you laugh to impress a guy and it comes out just a little too high and a little too fake. Yeah! *Nods Head* that was me! I felt like such a doos.
This is not Paul but it is Flannies
Now for those of you not living in South Africa, July is like mid-winter for us. It is fucking cold. No it doesn’t snow, besides for on the mountains) but it is freezing to us. So when we went to bed that night I am all like in sexy boxers and a nice pristine white vest and he comes out of the on-suite wearing what he called “flannies”. I will tell you what it looked like. It looked like my Grandfathers pajamas that he used to wear. And in my mind I knew that we would have to do something about those jammies. They were so not sexy and if it was up to them we would never be intimate.
Nothing happened that night, for obvious reasons. Grandpa Jammies killed any inclination of anything needing to take place and of course he was completely oblivious, as in his mind he was just visiting a friend in Cape Town. Of course I didn’t know this. In my mind he was being shy or playing hard to get, which meant I had to raise my game here.
So the next day, I can’t remember what we did, but I do know we spent it together and it was very romantic, in my mind. Of course he was having a nice day with a friend. I tried to seduce him with just about everything I did. You know drop things and bend to pick it up. Stretch over him to show him things. Trip to fall in his arms and and and, every trick in the book, but nadda. He was completely oblivious to my charm. Please keep in mind that even though I have had lots of sex up until that point with men, he was the first guy that I tried to woo cuz I actually wanted to date him. I wanted to grow old with this man. So only way of flirting with a guy that I knew was how my ex girlfriends used to flirt with me. Now keep in mind, being gay we don’t want to be flirted with by a girl but buy a guy. This information did however elude me and I tried everything on him that mothers tell their daughters to do and their sons to watch out for.  I am sure he must have thought to himself “whatever is wrong with you, it’s no little thing.” That night in the middle of fucking winter I planned a massage for him after the best home made meal I have ever made, but to read more about how all of this went down you will have to wait for next time!

Mwah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment