Thursday 17 May 2012

Where did she come from?


So after being sick for a number of days I am kinda back on track. Fuck I hate having a cold fever. I normally in winter sleep under a sheet and one thin duvet in my boxers. I get hot very quickly and don’t get cold easily. From Sunday to last night I have been sleeping in leggings, a vest, full tracksuit and a jersey under four blankets and still I am cold. It was terrible. Like getting cold from the inside out, if that makes sense. The weird thing is that Saturday night we went to go watch Pope Joan at a friends house. Mel who is also a Reiki Master. She gave me one look and asked me if I was getting sick. I very proudly said no, cuz I really didn’t feel sick at all. Sunday morning I was like Germany. One minute no wall next minute divided.  Fine one minute……….then……….fucked sick. Could not even stand. Was way too dizzy. Anyway that is not what this blog entry is supposed to be about. But you should all know by now that I do ramble.  So lets go back to Saturday.
Saturday we went to the IBDD (International Belly Dance Day) where my wonderful Paul was simply amazing on stage and he made a good name for his belly dancing studio. For those interested please contact Paul as he s a very wonderfully excellent belly dance teacher.
Anyway so after that we had to go to Canal Walk to sort out some stuff.  So Paul, Edward, Hobbit and myself are off to Canal Walk. I am as per normal dressed as if I am part of some form of experiment but feeling good about myself. Dressed in black and brown with lace and rings and al too gothic.
Paul and Edward decide that they cannot keep up with Hobbit and myself when we shop so we split up.  Standing in @Home, which is one of my favourite shops, Hobbit says she wants to buy me a gift. So over the moon me start to run around in the shop looking at everything and thinking what would look best where in the house.  It is at that point that Hobbits rational mind, for the first time in a long time, clicked in and she said: “that’s it. Lets go to Foschini” My face dropped, my heart sank and I said my long farewells to the most beautiful toilet roll holder, of which they only had one.
Walking out the shop I ask her why we going there and she said, still in her rational and logical state (which by the way is very rare for her) “If I buy you something from @Home it is going to be for the house and not for you and on any other day that would be fine, but not today. Today I want to buy something for you only.” So now my mind is racing as to what makes today so different. Anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas, some Muslim or Jewish or other spiritual holiday (with Hobbit anything is possible) and I cannot find a single reason why Saturday the 12th could possibly be important. So I give up and ask her. She responded with the following “Tomorrow is mothers day” Quickly I check to see exactly how big my man boobs are by now and wonder what I have spawned this time “and even though you are not my mother you are the founder of the Tradition and as such you are our mother and father. I want to do something for you cuz you have no idea how much you mean to me and how much you have done for me.” Well I was almost in tears. Almost but I was wearing eyeliner and mascara and couldn’t let it run over my face. So she bought me this stunning black over the shoulder throw with a fake fur collar. Stunning for the Opera.
We then went to Mug and Bean. Paul and Edward met us there and Hobbit decided that she wants to do a round of coffee for us all. Which she did. But now here lies the actual event that I want to write about. But before I do that, I want to take you about 10 years back.
I was dating a girl, cant remember her name and she used to tell me that I am so sexy and that I am really a unique individual. I never believed her and said that “One day if a complete stranger tells me these things I might believe it” And so I went through life. Always saying the same thing. Even when Paul compliments me, I say thank you, but come on he is my FiancĂ©. So he is biased. No one random person has ever said anything nice to me. As in to my face. I get hate mail, bwhahahahahahaha. Seriously, Apparently I am unapproachable, or some such bullshit.
Ok so we are having coffee at Mug and Bean in Canal Walk and suddenly this woman, well elderly lady, who looks like she just came from a Dutch Reformed Church meeting walks to our table. She had the floral blazer, pleated skirt, the works. You know the kind of Afrikaans lady that normally looks at me and then mumbles “Satan” She stood next to Edward, opposite me, looked me in the face and then said (I am translating her Afrikaans to English) “I just have to tell you that you are beautiful. And what you are wearing is simply stunning.  And you wear it with such grace and personality. You are stunning and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. You stand, head and shoulders, above all these other people here. I love it. I just had to tell you that you are beautiful. It makes me so happy” and then she was gone. We all saw her and she left. Just like that. I went blood red. Blushing like you cannot believe it. It was like an FNB advert “where did she come from?” I still don’t know what made her do that. I still don’t know who she is. Maybe she was just a messenger. Who knows? What I do know is that it made me feel so good and so pretty and special and I was glowing the entire day because of it. That and maybe I should start listening to Paul when he says nice things to me.

Mwah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment