Thursday 11 August 2011

Piercings

What I looked like the morning I flew to Durban
On Friday, the 5th of August I flew to King Shaka International Airport in Durban at 06:30 in the morning. I had to wake up in wee hours of the morning at like 03:00 to get ready to be at the airport in time. When I got there I checked my luggage in and then said goodbye to Paul. 5 Days without him seemed like forever. I walked through the metal detectors at the boarding gates and forgot my cell phone in my pocket. So I put my bag and camera down to go through the scanner and I walk. The thing went crazy and everyone is looking at me. A African female calls me aside, because now I need to be searched. So she starts to search me and as she gets to my chest she realizes that there are no breasts. Her mouth falls open, she takes a step back and at the top of her voice she says “Hao, You are not a Lady?” Everyone at the boarding gates are now looking at me and I just want to disappear.  Aarde sluk my in.
Gate at Ushaka Marine Worl
So I get to Durban and we decide to go to Ushaka Marine World. We walk around for 5 minutes and the intercom goes on “There is an emergency in the park, please evacuate. This is not a drill” People are walking towards the exits. I look at myself and what I am wearing and I realize they must have never seen something like me before. Just didn’t realize that my radical dress sense was enough to evacuate the entire Ushaka.
On Monday we decide that we will brave Ushaka again. I put on a blue jean and a white top that was made by Ritual Divine but is modest. We manage to walk around the entire park and no announcements. To me this proves that on Friday I was just too way out for any of them to deal with so they decided to spare the people and got rid of me.
After a smoke outside we walk past a tattoo and piercing parlor. Catherine wants to have more holes in her ears done and I want an eyebrow piercing. We go in and there is a very attractive blond surfer looking guy with huge ear stretches. They have issues doing Catherine’s ears but we decide that for her ears we will go to the mall.  But during all of this, the nice blond boy who comments on my hair, explains to us that the Zulu girl does the piercings. There she stands, short, skinny, and leg hair so long that you get American cable in her eyes. I am doubting the piercing but I want one because Paul said long ago that he thinks it will look very sexy, and I want to look sexy for my man. So I decide, that between making my boyfriend lust after me even more and possibly loosing my face, the latter is less important. I sit on the chair while she readies her instruments. I give her all the details of what I want her to do and what she must not do. This is after all my 11th piercing and I know how I like to have it done.
Getting Pierced
I give Catherine a last glance as she is standing with the camera waiting to capture the moment, and then I close my eyes. I warn all children that if I say horrible things about their mothers, they must just not repeat it. At least not to their mothers. The Zulu clamps my eyebrow and we proceed. It was not painful at all. I felt the needle going in quickly and the next minute she was busy tightening the bar…………or so I thought. I felt the swab and thought we were done. I open my eyes and notice the fact that she is a little pale for a woman who was very black a few seconds ago. I ask her if it is bleeding a little. As this is normal. She gives me a sarcastic look and actually asks me “Eish ar you e bleeda?” I say to her “Are you crazy you can see how many piercings I have, Of course I am not a bleeder” Well, she took the swab off and it was just blood. She  took the next one and the next and at about number 5 she tells me “Okaaaaa so now we wait for it to stop bleeding and then re-do”  RE-DO!!! Apparently I bled so much that the bar could not go in. The moment she said RE-DO and I saw all the blood, I felt my world starting to spin very fast. I somehow managed to turn my head towards Catherine who looked very worried and mumbled for her to please get me some Coke. She ran. In my head I can see that I am going to look like the Batman villain ‘Two-face’ when this is over. I feel cold, in Durban. I feel cold in the middle of a hot day in Durban. For those of you that have been there will know that it is just about fucking impossible, but I was shivering. Catherine comes back and I drink like half of the bottle in one swig. It stops bleeding. I sit back and ask for my money back. Gorilla legs then tells me not to be a big baby. Not be a baby. She just made me loose enough blood to donate to 5 families in Iraq and she calls me a baby. So I figure ok. One more time but if it doesn’t work then, well then at least the Gods can’t say I am pussy. I look at the Gorilla and say “Ousie, if you hurt me now I will hurt you back” She asks me what I am going to do and I tell het that I am going to moer her.
Again I close my eyes and three seconds later I have a stunning eyebrow piercing. I ask her why it was so effortless this time round and she responded “Hoa, I am afraid of being moered.”
We joke for a bit and as I leave I warn the next client, waiting vey patiently, that she is a monster and hurts people.

Mwah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment