Friday 26 August 2011

Cocktails with Simone

My baby sister, Simone

I have a baby sister. Well she is no longer a baby, she is 19 years old, but she is still my baby sister and will probably always be. As kids we never used to get along. She used to make me so angry that I wanted to drown her head in the toilet, over and over. We used to fight day in and day out. She used to copy everything I do and it pissed me off so badly. I remember one year I put up fake spiderwebs in my room all along the ceiling. Well She got hold of some fake spider webs as well and tried to do it herself in her room (I think she was 7 or 8), but it looked like a big piece of black off cut cotton rolled into a ball and just stuck on her wall. Our mom came home and told her that she needs to take it down cuz it looked crap to which she replied, “but Martin also has some in his room”. Needles to say that after that night, I didn’t have it anymore. What is good for the goose and all that shit. I would watch a movie and she would come into the T.V. lounge and ask what I am watching and then ask me if she has seen it. To which my response would be “I don’t know, maybe.” Which would be an honest answer. How am I supposed to know what she watches. We were all free to watch any movie we wanted and she knew how the video machine and later dvd player worked. The she would look at me and ask “Oh, Did I enjoy the movie?”. Now how the fuck am I supposed to know if she enjoyed a movie if I don’t even know if she watched it. But as we got older we started to get along better and better to the point now that she is my little baby sister and as much as what she is capable of taking care of herself, I still feel as if I should be the bigger brother.
She is a very sexy young girl and due to her long legs and beautiful bone structure she has become a model. A DNA feature that I clearly for some reason did not get. I have our mothers build and the older I get the more I look like our mother. Our mother used to say “I am in perfect shape, a circle is also a shape” So no, I am not build for model material.
She may be thin but we are both gorgeous!! ;
About a year ago she met a great new guy.  Who lives in JHB. I do not know how they met but they are lovely together. A sexy little thing with long hair. Then she started studies here and shortly after that I told our older sister that Simone (the baby sister) is going to move to JHB. My older sister told me that it is not going to happen and that the boyfriend is looking for a job in Cape Town.
Well tonight I am having cocktails with Simone. She is leaving for JHB permanently tomorrow morning. It’s very weird, cuz even though we are not the kind of family that visits each other every weekend, we are still close. This is the furthest away that any of the siblings will have moved. It feels very final.
I used to change her nappies and now she is a grown woman making a life for herself and it all feels so surreal. Well best of luck to you Kleine Schwess.

Love you lots

Mwah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment