Tuesday 8 January 2013

How old are your looks?


As many of you will know, I changed my Profile picture a few days ago. On just about every sight. Well almost every one.
Paul thinks that the new picture is very sexy and I got a few good responses from some lovely people on Facebook. But since it is my new picture, everywhere, one of my very good friends on bbm told me that I look wise on that picture. He said it looks like that picture belongs on the back cover of a spell book. Like the author photo. My friend Jess seems to agree with him. Saying that the photo says: “Yes you should buy this book, cuz it is the best”

As you know I have transformed from a 20something year old to my big 3-0. And part of that transition is me trying to figure things out in my head as to what is suitable for 30 and what should left to the follies of youth?
For Example: I recently, in the past three weeks, wanted to cut my beautiful long hair off. Short back and sides. Thinking that I don’t want to be one of those older men that you see on the road and then gril cuz all you can think is “Jesus just do something with that hair you old fucq.” But then enough people reassured me that my hair is really amazing and that I shouldn’t worry about cutting. Even Jaun says that my long hair is so perfectly Zeo, but he still thinks that the condition of my hair is kak. Hey he is the stylist and last night he worked wonders on this head. I feel so much fresher. I have Cher hair! But lets get back to the point here.
The first response if you Google Images "wise man"

When I was told that I look wise I have to admit that I was immediately insulted. I thought, fucq you. Who you calling old? Gandalf the fucqing Grey looks wise, are you telling me I look like him? My gat in ‘n complete krul getrek. Let me explain this to the younger kids. As you reach 30 and you realize that you are getting older, it is going to become more and more important for you to look good, attractive, sexy even hot. Why? Cuz if you are good looking, that’s just about all you have left. I am not talking about personality. A stranger on the street does not see your personality as you walk by, they only see what you look like, and you don’t want to be between 80 and biltong and then also look like a bokkom. So I can understand why people have work done. I would also.
Because what I look like is rather important to me, (I don’t mean the fact that I dress like some form of experiment, I mean my face) I was insulted to be called wise. I know it wasn’t meant as an insult. It was sincere and a compliment, well coming from him.
But in my mind the following happened as I started to analyse this

I wonder if anyone (other than Paul) looks at my photo’s and goes “Grrrrrr, yum yum, vir jou sal ek sat naai.” Not that I necessarily want anyone to do that to me. It is just a concern I have and it made me think about where does sexy end and wise begin. I thought that if a man under 60 looks wise then there is something seriously wrong. Wise begins at 60, not 30. I think 30 should be the age of sexy. 20 is hot, 40 should be handsome and good looking and 50 must then be distinguished. Then again look at Sean Connery. He is older than God and he is very attractive.
Is what your body looks like as a man (because it is different for men) the deciding factor as to, in what age category you fall when it comes to looks? I mean simply that, what is the criteria for being sexy? Is there one? I don’t believe that it lies in the eye of the beholder. In today’s age the beholder has been brainwashed and mindfucqed by the media. Is it a specific look or hair style or does it run hand in hand with the trends of the season.

Its taken me 5 years, roughly, to realize that I am not as ugly as sin. I am serious. For all my joking about how sexy I am, I actually have a very low self-esteem when it comes to my looks. So five years and one abusive ex later, I am finally at the point where I at least think that I am good looking. I might not be the hottest thing on the block but I’ve still got it. Granted I got a little too much, but that is why I started gym now. And then I get told I look wise, which in my mind means old. I was hoping that, that photo would be considered sexy!
When I reached this point My mind went into overdrive.
Can a man of 30 and older, the average man, still look sexy? Can I still look sexy? Which again brought me to what is sexy?

I still don’t know. But let me tell you what I decided. That I am a sexy man who happens to look wise as well. My style is my own and I have always dressed a bit…………oddly. I am sure as shit not gonna change who I am to become sexy as per the opinion of the media corrupted human race that thinks that 1.Justin Bieber is a boy and can sing, 2. Put Twiggy on the map for her gorgeous body and 3. Killed just about every person that preached love and freedom.
In closing, Fucq what those people think. I think I am fucqing spectacular, and soon, thanx to Jess, Jaun, Bronwyn and Paul I will be pissing and shitting glitter. That’s how fabulous I am sweety darling. 
My husband thinks I am sexy and still gets turned on when I walk into a room. That is after all the two most important opinions. Remember that. Cuz that is my lesson here. It is only your opinion and the opinion of your loving partner (not an abusive cunt, but a loving partner) that ultimately counts. Be proud and SHINE!!!!

Mwah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment