Thursday 22 November 2012

What's in a Name?


Lately a lot of people have been asking me about my name. You know Zeo. For some reason people are now sparked with interest as to my craft name. What it means and where it comes from. Instead of answering every single person one on one, I decided to rather write it here where I only have to do it once. Lazy bitch….*clears throat*
Numerology Key
Firstly, according to Numerology I am an Air element. Yet according to Astrology I am a water element. I have always loved air, wind. The wind in my face and hair, swirling around my body. To me that represents freedom. I have often imagined what it must be like to be able to fly. To have that ultimate freedom. To just take flight! I also love movies about natural disasters and one of them, that I watched over and over, was Twister. I can stare at incense smoke for hours. My point is I like the wind, air, smoke, call it what you will.
At the start of 2001, I started having dreams. Dreams that I am some kind of air entity. Well it didn’t start that way, it starting out by the entity coming to me in dreams and as the dreams progressed I gradually became him. Bit by bit until I was made out of air. It was fabulous. Imagine something like Dame Judy Dench from ‘The Chronicles of Riddick’, but less solid. Somehow more wild and free. Naturally I loved this.
But as all of us of the old ways are, I couldn’t just accept these dreams and had to research it. So I went into my books. I found in one of the books the name Zio, who was apparently an air elemental of Roman times. Overjoyed I went to numerology and checked it out. Paddapoom paddapoom, it worked out and I adopted the name Zio. Some time later I wanted to read up on it again and to this day I cannot remember what book it was in, let alone find the book. It is like it completely disappeared. I can’t even remember what the cover looks like. Some have said to me that I read this on the astral in the Akashic Records. I don’t know. But the story carries on. I then wrote an Article in the mid of 2001, for an online magazine called ‘Silver Moon Pagan’ under the name Zio. I was resolved that, that was now my name.
One drunken night I came home, from Goddess alone only knows where, and something told me to check, once again the numerology value of Zio. So I did. It didn’t match at all. I was freaked out but decided that I can still save this and decided to change it to Zeo, as that seemed to work out on my numerology. Zeo it was then.
A few weeks later my sister and I started the on-line magazine called “The Wiccan Read”. There I got known by Zeo. Our E-zine went out to all over the globe and people started to know me as Zeo. By about mid 2002 I got home drunk one night again. Yes there is a pattern here, bravo for spotting it!
Again something told me to check out the name. And low in behold Zeo does not work out to my numerology value, but Zio does. So now I panic. I can’t change the name now. The entire bloody world knows me as Zeo. To change it now would be stupid. So I am on the phone to one of my mentors. Now I am having a Pagan crisis. Over the top drama queen, should have known then already that I was gay. She then told me to stop fretting about it and just stick with Zeo. It wont change my life.  So Zeo it is.
Interestingly enough Zeo is also the name of a Power ranger or brand of Power Ranger. Something like that. All I know is it is the one with the star on the forehead. How apt is that? I thought it was kak funny that I am the Power ranger with the Pentagram on the forehead.
Zio is also Italian for the word Uncle. I have to admit that I would rather be an Power ranger than an Uncle. But it has sparked Mirelle to call me Uncle. Boys will be boys.
The Frost part is really very simple actually and very unglamorous. No it has nothing to do with Emma Frost from the X-Men.
When I was a boy growing up, mom and I was driving somewhere, can’t remember where. We drove past a huge factory like place and on it in big bold letters was written ‘Mendelson & Frost’ From that moment I wanted that to be my surname one day. I loved it.
Today I am Zeo Frost. So no, it is not my birth name and surname. But it works for me and I am happy being Zeo Frost.
Have a great day!!

Mwah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment