Tuesday 12 February 2013

My First Male Celebrity Crush


It was the summer of 2001. We (myself and a few friends) were going to go visit a friend of ours in Hermanus for the new years. Naomi got her dad’s car, an old box Toyota Carola and we set off on our road trip. In the car was myself and Naomi, our friend Dawie and my sort-of girlfriend Chantell. Around the Mountain on Sir Lowrey’s Pass we drive until we get to Yvonne’s house in Hermanus.
Yvonne is my friend Quentin’s father’s cousin. It’s complicated!
At Yvonne’s house two things happened. Well actually just one cuz the other thing was always on going. So we had fun no matter what we did and the on going thing was that we drank…………everything we could find.
His First CD
Well you see it all started the previous night or rather the afternoon that we arrived. One of the things we do best at Yvonne’s house is to listen to music while playing the card game UNO! We do however play UNO with a slight twist. We don’t really play for points as the rules suggest. The winner of each round gets to make a rule that lasts for three rounds. Should anyone not comply with the rule you have to down a glass that is in the middle of the table or floor, depending on where you end up. This glass contains a mixture of whatever everyone is drinking. As you can imagine this can become quite…………entertaining.
It is also that year that Josh Groban came out with his first CD. This detail is very important. So we started playing UNO. Yvonne had just bought the Josh Groban CD and it was playing, while the CD cover was lying in front of me. So I did what every person would do. I looked through the booklet that comes with the CD.
The evening went on and I kept on looking at the CD cover. I kept on seeing Josh’s face and thinking that he is so sexy. But please pay attention to the fact that I was proudly straight back then and somewhat homophobic.
The entire night I kept on looking at Josh and really he was just so sexy. I was getting worried. I am not supposed to have gay thoughts. I am not supposed to like men. My brother had teased me endlessly about how being gay is fucqed up and I could not admit to being that, gay and fucqed-up. So I did what any straight man would do. I simply suppressed it and in my mind I blamed it on all the drinking.
Yvonne
As I am writing this now, I have to wonder what life would have been like if I had admitted it there. Yvonne is old enough to be my mom and we could always talk to her about everything. I wonder what would have happened if I went to her the next day and told her about what I though of Josh Groban and what it meant and what to do now.
The next day I was confident that it was going to be an awesome day. We were in Hermanus and visiting Yvonne and we had a day of fun planned. I go to the Kitchen and what do hear playing? Josh Groban. Now I don’t know if Yvonne picked up the previous night that I was practically drooling over Josh, and if she knew, she never admitted it. It is now 12 years later and she still has not admitted anything. Yes we are still friends, even though now she lives far away over the waters in England. I wouldn’t be surprised if Josh was singing so early that morning because she knew. Yvonne is a sneaky bitch and that is something she would do.
So immediately I am reminded about the face that haunted me the entire previous night. What do I do? I decide to test if it was all the drinking or not. I mean not that I have to test, just to see. Like an experiment, a needless one!! Of course it was the drinking. I am a guy. I like women. I am not a stinking queer. (well that was my attitude back then).
It is now 12 years later. Josh Groban’s new CD came out last week. I have it. Paul bought it for me as a Valentine’s gift and because we were together for 4 years and seven months, yesterday, we decided to exchange gifts then. Already listened to it and wow…………..
His new CD
I still stare at each CD cover and I still think that he is just one of the most sexiest men on this planet. There is just something about him, that makes me stare. The difference is, now that I admit to be as gay as you get, I can openly say that I think Josh Groban does something to my non existing ovaries. Or as Shelly would say (She is a Lesbian acquaintance of ours that loves Meryl Streep), he ‘makes my pussy pucker’. Well except Shelly says that about Meryl.
Paul knows, If Josh is in town and by some miracle he wants to spend a night with fat old me,……………….it will be one of the best nights of my life. Bwhahahahahahahaha. I have a the celebrity boyfriend every week on this blog, as you know. And Josh is on that list every year!
So know that you know my first (and still strong) gay, celebrity crush, tell me about yours!! I am not saying Josh is gay by the way, I am saying my gay crush. But hell if Josh is gay,………………………Hi Josh, hope you have an awesome time in South Africa ;)

Mwah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment