Thursday 14 February 2013

Ending a 12 Year Grudge


The Year was 2001. I was and still am, a huge Nicole Kidman fan. February of that year saw Tom Cruise filing for a divorce from the Lovely Aussie actress. There were and still are so many rumours going about, all talking about Tom being an apparent Homosexual. Whether or not this is truly the case or closet, only he will truly know. What we do know for a fact is that everyone that has claimed that he is gay has been sued by Toms lawyer. Anyway, that’s not the point of this blog. Just some food for thought.
Nicole admitted that she still loved Tom. But I, even though I loved Tom as the Vampire Lestat, was a far bigger Kidman fan than what I was a Cruise fan. Nicole and I had walked many years together already and I wasn’t about to just abandon her in her hour of pain and sorrow. I was going to see it through and help her where ever I could.

Now before I carry on, I have to explain something to you all. I am a Scorpio. Born on the 19th of November. Not only am I a Scorpio, but I am about as Scorpio as what it gets. What this means is that yes I am passionate, yes I love to love and lust, yes I have drive and motivation and once I get going I am like a non stop steam roller to get to the end result, but …… I can also get angry like a Scorpio. And when it comes to holding a grudge……..oh boy, I can hold a grudge like it is no one’s business. Because I have a Virgo rising, I can hold a grudge with extreme precision. I can tell you exactly what you did to piss me off, and when you did it, to the time of day in the month and year. And of course, I can plot revenge.
So in the First Degree class we are talking about letting go and no longer holding on to grudges and hate. Things that might stop you from moving forward, you know. Me being the teacher and all that, I have to set an example. So I am publicly going to let go of the oldest grudge that I have. Now back to my story.

My friend Nicole Kidman
The day that Tom and Nicole separated,  I made a solemn vow to Nicole. I said to her:
“Nicole, I will never support that man again. I will never go to see any of his movies. I will not rent them either. I refuse for him to make even one South African Rand out of me. I will however carry on supporting you Nicole.”
She was so grateful and understanding and because back then I was still straight, she was all over me. I had to explain to her that we are just friends and that I cannot be a rebound for her. Luckily she understood that and when I was certain that she did, I had my way with her. It was a passionate night! One I will remember forever. Thank you Nicole…………Hehehehehehehehehe……..

Anyway. It is now twelve years later and I decided that maybe I should let go of this grudge. Maybe I should just accept Tom for the person that he is. Couch jumping and all. Look I wont be inviting him over or anything like that. My couches were expensive and I don’t have the means to just replace it if he jumps through one of them.
Oprah is all like: "Get the fucq off ma couch, crazy white boy"
But I can at least let go of the resentment and anger and bitterness I feel towards him.  Which will allow me to move on with my life as well. After all I didn’t hate him because he is a bad actor or anything like that. It was purely an act of loyalty towards a friend of mine. And she did the same for me. When my ex wife and I split up, Nicole was all like:
“Don’t worry my friend, I wont ever support her at all. I won’t have anything to do with her. She is dead to me”
Cuz that is what friends do for each other.

After twelve years Tom, I am finally letting go. You are free man and you are welcome to whatever fame comes your way. It is time for me to move on from this bitter grudge and carry on with live. Well that and there is a movie coming out with you in it and it really looks good. I am so gonna go see it. But it is only because I am the better man here. As I told the First Degree’s, sometimes someone just has to step up and be the Hero! Well that and I have my new grudge, Snow White aka Candy!! Slut!!

Have an awesome, forgiving Valentines day everyone!

Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment