Wednesday 24 October 2012

Lazy Cape Townians.


We are currently in the process of organizing this years Beltaine event. We are bending backward and stretching ourselves to pieces to make this event happen. In the beginning of the year when we started talking about this event Pagans from all over Cape Town were so excited to make this happen. Now the time is here and people have have 3million excuses and reasons as to why they cannot make this happen.
I find that the most common excuse is that people say it is too far to drive. I have to admit that this is a Cape Town thing that has ALWAYS annoyed the living shit out of me. I am a Cape Townian and proudly so. I love this city and I am so happy to be from here instead of from anywhere else in South Africa. This year we were voted the 23 best city in the world to visit. We have also been nominated for the Wall Street Journal's Most Innovative City of the Year award. I truly do love this city.
The one thing that I hate is not the city itself but the sleg vokken hang gat attitude of people. Getting anyone to do anything is a fucqing mission of note. And Goddess forbid you have to drive anywhere and it takes you 20 minutes. Then you have to hear them bitch and fucqing moan that it is such a far drive. I hate that about Cape Townians. No let me reiterate that that. I HATE!!!! that about Cape Townians. Yes I get that Gas/Petrol is expensive and that a liter of it costs more than a liter of Coke n Cola. But then say you have a petrol problem. Then there are people that I know can afford petrol but they are too kak sleg to drive for 30 minutes to get anywhere.
“I don’t like driving so far”
That is the one thing that I respect about Johannesburg. There you have to drive for an hour to fucqing get anywhere and the people do it. They are committed to what they want to do.
I have people who live in Bellville that do not want to come to classes cuz its two far. It is literally ten minutes. Parow and Bellville are right next to each other. A road seperates the two.  They want someone in Bellville to go to for teacings and if they cannot find such a person then they are not gonna do it. I have the answer for you. Jy is vokken kak sleg  and you are not serious about your teachings at all.
I travelled to moer and gone for my teachings. Had to arrange lift clubs, extra train tickets and and and, but I fucqing did it because it was important for me. It is something that I really wanted to do. It was important to me. I didn’t bitch that I lived in Avondale and classes where in Pinelands and Tableview.
The problem is that people just want things to be made comfortable for them so that they do the minimal work. Especially these fucqing Cape Townians.
I have students that travel from Kraaifontein and Kuilsriver and Blouberg. I have people that come from Fishhoek for Rituals, and then you wanna bitch and moan about travelling back at night or travelling too far.
Then people said that it would be different if they could stay over for the night. A lot people spoke about camping. So what do I do? I get a venue for Beltaine where people can camp over for the night. With a bonfire and a Maypole and everything that everyone has been asking for so that no one can complain. So what happens then? People bitch that they don’t want to drive to Worcester and that they don’t want to camp for the night. So far I don’t know who is coming and who is not, and frankly I am don’t fucking care anymore. I am done stressing over it. I am going to host a Beltaine. I don’t know if it will be a success or not. I just know that NPT will be there and we wil have a fucqing blast and enjoy every moment of it.  Fucqing Cape Townians and their fucqing lazyness ana dspoon feed attitudes.
For those of you that are supporting this event, Thank you so much!!! You are the best people alive!!! Thank you!! I love you so much!!!

Mwah !!

You can support Beltaine here on our Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/395762593823182/

No comments:

Post a Comment