Monday 10 October 2011

Blessings


I have not been very active on the blog in the last few weeks as serious changes have been happening in our home and in out life. All of them for the better. What will the outcome of all this be, who the hell knows. But I suppose that is part of the excitement.
We finally have a car and Paul has an amazing job. Life seems to finally be looking up for us and I for one am very excited. I am so grateful for all of the many blessings that we have received over the last year. But as the year draws closer and closer to its end I look around me and see so many ungrateful people.  I know that this year has not been wonderful to all of us and that some of us has lost dear ones, jobs, teeth, sanity whatever all, but even if you only have one tooth left in your mouth then I suppose you can be grateful for that. I know it is difficult to stay positive when all else seems like it is falling to shit, but it is so important for us to then stay positive. A negative attitude only builds and attracts negative energy. You draw that to you then. The people in your life will be negative and what’s worse is that you wont even realize it. Misery loves company and like attracts like. Besides we all have something to be grateful for. A roof over our heads, If you are reading this then an internet connection and a form of computer to read it on. If a friend printed it out for you then be grateful for a printer or better yet a friend like that. I also would like to use this opportunity to tell everyone that there is no use to hold a grudge. Don’t get me wrong here, I am sure as shit not claiming to be a messiah who is all love and all light and fluffy bunny shit. And I am also a Scorpio. Ain’t no one can hold a grudge like a Scorpio, but I also know when it is completely useless to do so. To tell you a secret it is actually always pointless to hold a grudge.
A very close friend of mine told me about how she held a grudge to her primary school bully for all these years and then when they were all adults she went to the bar one night, a guy poked her shoulder and asked for light. She nearly died, it was the primary school bully. She had waited her entire life for this moment. But instead she did nothing. She realized that he had no idea who she was. That is when she realized that holding a grudge doesn’t do any harm except to the person that is holding it. She had held onto a grudge for years and years and here was the bully in front of her. He had gone on with his life. Gotten married, had his house white picketed fence and two point four children. No idea who she was. Yet she spent years thinking about him. Making herself feel sick and crying over how he treated her and and and. Instead of spending that energy on something constructive and positive she wasted it on a man that doesn’t even know who she is today. All that stress built up over what?
As you know by now, every meal that I have I, softly to myself, mention 1 thing that I am grateful for. I urge no in fact I challenge you to do the same. Even if it is only for the rest of this year. Every time you have a meal, think of one thing that you are extremely grateful for. Don’t use the same thing more than once. It can be one word or a description. Anything you are grateful for.

Mwah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment