Tuesday 13 January 2015

The Real Evil Queen

I am busy watching a series called ‘Once Upon a Time’. Love it. It took me a few episodes to get into it, but once I got into it there was no turning back. Of course one of the main things that sold it for me was the fact that the main antagonist (The Evil Queen) is actually a leading lady and doesn't die. May I just also say that @LanaParrilla you are an amazing evil queen. Look at me typing as if I am on twitter. Hahahahaha. Interestingly enough, Lana was also voted the 4th most beautiful woman of 2014, in the world. And yes she most certainly deserved it.
Lana Parrilla as Regina

For those that don’t know the story, let me give you a quick synopsis. It starts when a young boy (Henry) tracks down a woman (Emma) and tells her that she is his mother. Emma gave him up for adoption at birth. The 11 year old Henry convinces her that he is from a town where fairy-tale creatures live, only that due to a curse by the Evil Queen (Regina), no one knows that they are these fairy-tale creatures. Regina Mills is not only the Evil Queen, but she is also the Mayor of this little town called Storybrooke as well as Henry’s adopted mother. Furthermore Henry tells Emma that she is the daughter of Snow White (Mary Margaret) and Prince Charming (David). That she was sent away from the Enchanted Forest as a baby to one day come back and break Regina’s curse. Now is the time to break the curse and give everyone their memories back. Season one then follows as in introduction on the characters. All of your favourite story book characters are there, but of course with a new flavour to them. I especially love Granny and Red Riding Hood. The only two people in Storybrooke that are aware of who they really are, is Regina and Mr Gold (Rumpelstiltskin). Of course Regina will stop at nothing to stop Emma from breaking the curse, as this new modern town of Storybrooke is Regina’s happy ending.

I hope I did good job at describing that. Did I sell it for you? At the same time Paul and I also watched the short cartoon webisodes of ‘Ever After High’. These episodes feature the sons and daughters of famous fairy-tale characters in high school. Among them is the Raven Queen (Daughter of the Evil Queen), Madeleine Hatter (Daughter of the Mad Hatter), Cedar Wood (Daughter of Pinocchio) and of course Apple White (Daughter of Snow White)........

Some of you may now recall (especially those that have been reading my blog for many a year) that I have an arch nemesis. No no no, I forgave Tom Cruise, remember? No, this arch nemesis is a bigger hatred than Llaluna and my ex-wife combined. It is someone whom I have written about many many times over the past few years. Someone that just by breathing, somehow just makes me want to kill her..............Snow White.


I have never liked her. Not in the original fairy-tale. Not in the Disney rendition. Not in the Sigourney Weaver thriller (A Tale of Terror), but Sigourney was awesome as the evil queen. Not in Snow White and the Huntsman. Not in Mirror Mirror. Not in Once Upon a Time, and certainly not in Ever After High. You see it doesn't matter what face she is wearing, she is always the same self righteous, self indulged, egocentric maniac, lazy bitch psychopath that doesn't give a shit about anyone else’s happy ending. And they call the evil queen evil? Please. Snow White, is according to me, the all time villain. In fact in South Africa we call her Jacob Zuma. Same thing.

As we were watching Ever After High, my face must have given it away. Paul gave me a look and said: “Doesn't matter what, you really don’t like her, do you?” I remember slowly turning my head to him and raising one eyebrow. (those that know me will know this is my not impressed look). Immediately he said: “Oh My God, you are the evil queen!” Hahahahahahahaha. Gotta love my man. He knows me so well. I suppose my super power of turning into a spider also lends that evilness to me. What can I say? I do what I can!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment