Wednesday 22 May 2013

How Paul Fits In - Part 6


It is almost a year since I last wrote about how Paul and I got together.  Originally I didn’t want to continue with the story as I thought that the idea was only to write about how we got together. But even Disney makes movies to show you what happens to the happy couple once they end up being together. So here we go.

We left the story where on a very teary Sunday afternoon, Paul left to go back to his terrible job in Burgersfort. He worked for a woman that worked him to the bone and to this day I would still LOVE to meet her to give her a small piece if my mind.

--Driekie, don’t ever mess with a Scorpio’s lover, just some useless info. --
In Burgersfort he had to work out a 2 weeks notice, which I still thought was kak, but he being the sweet nice man that he is, still did it. The problem is that this turned into a month. A month……the longest fucqing month of my life. Of course after he worked out his month he went back to his Parents house in Bethal and there he was for about a two weeks to pack his stuff. In this time period I remember mailing his mother and referring to his parents as Mr and Mrs Joubert. Today his mother is my mommy as well and Mr. Joubert is the only real Dad I have ever had. I love them to bits. Back to the story though.

As you can imagine by this time I lost hope. In my fucqed up mind I thought he was only going to be gone for two weeks. I don’t know why I thought that, but that is what I thought. And every day longer than those initial two weeks that he worked in Burgersfort, started to maybe sound like him making excuses so that he doesn’t have to move down. When he eventually told me that he was at his parents house I told him that I wont bother him there, as it is important that he spends time with them, cuz Goddess alone knows when he will see them again. (Thankfully he didn’t have to wait too long as they came to visit. But that is still to come in the story) If he wanted to speak to me while in Bethal, he had to contact me.
I remember that he didn’t contact me nearly as much as what I wanted him too and this of course made me loose hope even more. I was convinced that he played me for a fool and that I wouldn’t see him again. I was hurt, but more than that I was angry with myself. I had become that thing that I warned people not to become when you Internet date. Whenever he phoned, my heart still leapt. It couldn’t do anything else as I was truly in love with this man. Yes that quickly. I was never a believer in love at first sight until Paul. So I was never rude to him over the phone, but skeptical.

Then one fateful day he phoned me to give me a date. A date that he will be at Cape Town International Airport. Now I will admit that I was in two minds at this point.
Firstly, I was over the moon and for all those that know me from then, you will remember that I started counting the days on Facebook as part of my status.
Secondly, I was worried. What if this was just a lie? I had been lied to many times in the past. What if this was just something to make me shut up.
Thirdly, I was fearful. What happens if this man moves down to Cape Town for me and we clash terribly?
All of this, and more, raced through my mind. Somehow I decided to stay positive. Which isn’t always easy for me, or rather wasn’t always easy for me. But with the help of my friend Skelly, it has become a breeze. So with a positive attitude I started changing the bedroom so that it not only incorporated my loves and interests, but also his. I remember buying this HUGE Japanese fan that formed part of our headboard. I went all out and wanted him to feel that it is also his room, not just mine.

Not too long after, I took a beautiful man from the Airport to our new place.
I just moved into a flat in Edgemead, our first home together. One we shared with another couple, but it didn’t matter as I had my man. I remember him sitting on the edge of the bed with his suitcase and I sat behind him, just holding him. I didn’t want to let go. I was so afraid that I would loose him for another 6 weeks, that I couldn’t let him go. I just held him. To this day I cannot be away from him for long. It drives me crazy to not be with him. I miss him so terribly. If I go to bed I have to touch him. Even if it is just my foot touching his foot, but if he is not sleeping next to me (like when I go to JHB or DBN) I struggle forever to fall asleep and I don’t have as a good nights sleep as what I have next to him. Being away from him makes me cry. Yes and that might sound pathetic and sissy-boy like. Frankly I don’t give a fucq what it sounds like.
I believe that this is all like that, due to that first night that we lived together where I could not stop holding him.

No comments:

Post a Comment