Thursday 14 September 2017

You Do Not Own Your Psychic

Let me start by saying that as a general rule, I do not like the word psychic. It’s one box that I really don’t want to be in. There are many labels that I will gladly wear but psychic is not one of them. I read the Tarot, I somehow see things (sometimes) that others cannot and somehow know things that I am not supposed to. How I do this, I don’t know and I don’t particularly care about the how or the why of it. But for ease of this blog let me just grin and bare it and use the word psychic.





Now I am not the first psychic to ever talk about this issue. I have heard many a psychic talk about it amongst themselves. Unfortunately none of them want to talk about it publically, as it might affect their business. I am however not bothered. I am going to talk about it. There is this belief (even among some psychics) that psychics are above getting upset or above human emotions that even linger slightly towards anything negative. We are humans, our shit stinks just like yours and just like you we can also get upset. Being psychic does not mean that you never raise your voice or lose your shit, it just means that when I lose my shit, I may just throw a tarot deck at your head.

What I am going to explain here is something that has happened to many of us, myself included. And it has happened to me many times. Hopefully this blog entry will help to eliminate the problem. Well maybe that is pushing it, maybe just make it happen less. We are after all still human…unfortunately.

So here’s the deal. I get a WhatsApp message from number unknown and it says:
“Hi can you do reading for me”

Excuse me? Who are you? Where did you get my number? Was it a referral or an advert or ….
Now if the message had said something like:
“Hi my name is Bobby and I saw your add on Facebook. Would it be possible for me to book a reading with you?”

This message I might consider to help. MIGHT. Do you see that I say might. Why, you ask. Why only might? Do you WhatsAop your Doctor or Lawyer or Dentist to make an appointment? No? Then why should your Psychic be happy with such poor manners? As a matter of fact, if you cannot pick up a phone and spend the R2 on a phone call, because you are clearly to cheap, what makes you think you can afford my fee if I decide to even entertain your bad manners.

People have this notion that they can do to their psychic whatever it is that they want, “because we pay you”. You pay me for a service that I provide to you. You don’t own me buddy. Even existing clients treat their psychics like shit. Do you really want to be treating the person that knows every intimate detail of your life, like shit? Go think about that. As a matter of fact, whatever it is that we are charging you, you should double it out of your own free will, just to make sure that we shut up about all the shit that you are getting into.

But I am not done. When you make an appointment with a
psychic, just who do you think you are, to cancel on the last minute or arrive 30 minutes late? You tend to always assume that we do not have lives and will just wait for you until Jesus cometh again, and be okay with it.

All of these things have happened to me and to psychics that I know. When we get upset or refuse to give you service, our names get spread over the internet about what bad human beings we are. Look in the mirror if you want to see a bad, rude, selfish and unprofessional human being.

I am completely aware that this does not apply to everyone, but lets be real it applies to many. I am not expecting to save the world, I am far to jaded for that. All I am asking you is to think about how you treat or approach your psychic, because we deserve better.



Have a fabulous day!  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much! This also happened to me a while ago where a lady wanted a reading. Never mind the fact she sent me a WhatsApp about it, but then I had to make space in my rather full work day to take the trip by bus to her in Sea Point to do the reading. nuh-uh!

    ReplyDelete