Friday 24 February 2017

Where have all the real men gone?

A friend of mine has expressed her hatred towards straight men. Her and I have spoken about it. No she is not a bra burning liberal right wing lesbian feminist with bigger balls than all of us put together. She is actually a very feminine woman married to a wonderful man. I have been looking at why she is saying it, which is something I will share with you all shortly, and I must confess that I see her point. I don’t hate straight men. Goodness how could I. Not while Jason Mamoa is still batting for that team, but I do see what she means.

Yesterday I read an article where the South African Minister of police Mr. Nkosinathi Nhleko states that the reason why women get raped is because they are and I quote “not right with the lord” and that “they should pray to avoid being raped”.

http://africannewsupdates.com/2016/11/17/rape-victims-prayed-harder-says-minister-south-african-police-service/

I saw this article link on Facebook and of course I had to comment. This is where it gets important because here is where I am going to start to stand on my fucqing soap box and rant and rave.


Firstly, this Mr. Nkosinathi Nhleko cannot even be called a cunt. He doesn’t have the warmth or the depth to be one. What is troublesome is that this man is a minister. A fucqing minister and not a minister without portfolio, but the minister of the South African police service. What the fuck does that say about our police service? That the ratio of crime is now measured to the ratio of Christianity? Mother fucqer doos vok poes naai etter gevriet kont. Sorry when I get pissed of en opgewerk then my turrets comes out, clearly even when I type.

My second point is the actual point that my friend also has an issue with. On this thread I was one of two men to comment. One of two.  Let’s say the other guy was straight. One straight guy responded to this. Our women are being raped.
Statistic: It is estimated that over 40% of South African women will be raped in their lifetime and that only 1 in 4 rapes are reported. It is also estimated that 14% of perpetrators of rape are convicted in South Africa. That is 2 out of 5 woman that will be raped. So if you know 5 woman, then 2 of them have been or will be raped.

Why are straight men not speaking out against this? Why are they not fighting this? Even if that fighting is just to speak out. You know when enough people speak out, someone is bound to listen. Don’t believe me?
Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865)
Harriet Tubman (1822–1913)
Frederick Douglass (1818–1895)
Nelson Mandela (1918–2013)
Martin Luther King (1929–1968)
Mikhail Gorbachev (1931– present)
William Wilberforce (1759–1833)
Olaudah Equiano (1745–1797)
Sojourner Truth (1797–1883)
Rosa Parks (1913–2005)
Desmond Tutu (1931– present)
Thomas Clarkson (1760–1846)
Dietrich Bonhoeffer (1906–1945)
Mary Wollstonecraft (1759–1797)
Emily Pankhurst (1858–1928)
Malala Yousafzai (1997– present)
Mahatma Gandhi (1869–1948)
14th Dalai Lama (1935– present)
Aung San Suu Kyi (1945– present)
Shirin Ebadi (1947– present)
Benazir Bhutto (1953–2007)
Thomas Jefferson (1743–1826)
George Orwell (1903–1950)
Abbe Pierre (1912–2007)
Helen Keller (1880–1968)
Elizabeth Fry (1780–1845)
John Howard (1726–1790)

Have I made my point? I know that you are thinking that all these people are famous. Yes of course they are, but part of what made them famous is because they stood up against what was wrong in this world.
So stand up! Be Man! Protect your women!
Don’t sign a fucqing petition. Nothing happens to petitions. Make your voice heard. You can Facebook and Twitter and Instagram and god knows what else all your bowl movements, but you somehow cannot use it as a forum to speak out against injustice? Your wife, your mother, your sister, your daughter, your best friend is being raped. Say something. If it is in your power, do something. If you have media connections, use them.
This is my friends issue and I agree. Why are only women and gay men and women fighting this rape crisis publicly. Why is the average man who is being stereotyped by this rape crisis not doing anything.

Sure you can tell me that this is not so, but no one that I know has said or done anything publicly. I know a lot of people. Too many in fact. I am not asking you to gather the kindling and set parliament alight. Just speak out. Let them know that it is not okay and that you will protect your women and that you as a straight man is not in agreement with rape or with this fucqnut Minister of police Mr. Nkosinathi Nhleko.
Don’t do it for me. Do it because you are a man.

Or was Bonny Tayler right all those years ago when she sang “Where have all the good men gone?”.

3 comments:

  1. That minister needs to be put into a cell with a convicted sex offender for a week with no outside interference then we will see how he feels it is absolutely disgusting the logic of so many of our government officials it is the same as the concept of raping a virgin to rid yourself of aids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, where have all the good men gone? Hiding behind your woman's skirt no doubt, because she is going to be the one fighting for this, and not you. She is the one that walks with a vuss puss on her hand so that she might have a chance to defend herself against some crazy person who thinks it's ok to take what he wants and no matter the scars he leaves behind. She is the mother who will do anything to protect her children from harm, even telling them to keep their bodies covered so that a "man" might not get dirty thoughts and turn them on her, because it is her fault that she is raped. Her clothes where to short, her cleavage to obvious, her laughter to loud, her legs to long...... I think that this turd of a minister of police should be sacked, without any pension, payment and today. This is a violation of civil rights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Our women" is the statement that brings about the idea that women belong to somebody and can therefore be protected or violated when a platform is suitable. We do not belong to anyone. In terms of "where are the men " they are taking the easy road with platitudes such as "protect our women" because taking on the men who rape head on is too much work and effort and god forbid they should be seen as selling out the brotherhood . Men generally think "I don't rape or hit so it has nothing to do with me" call out the abusers, rapists of men, women and children - shame their weakness - shame their behavior - and shame them as the darkness of society they are . As for the police chiefs statement - Proves my point.

    ReplyDelete